Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday in th City

I have lived in my new apartment for a few weeks now, but I am just starting to settle in. The place is still a mess. I have spent pretty much every weekend since moving working on it: painting, buying things, setting up, unpacking. It is just starting to pay off, and I am so happy with the way it is coming together.

This move has brought on a lot of changes for me, but there is one specific change that I am so pleased with that I feel my life will never be the same; I, for the first time in my life, have a DVR. I have no idea how I ever lived without one up until this point, but I will never be going back. Never again are the days of being stressed about getting home on time to see "The Office", missing a single episode of "The Colbert Report", or even having to watch commercials. When the presidential debate starts at 6:00 PM on a Friday, I can spend my Friday night elsewhere doing "young people" stuff (not that I actually did "young people" and didn't watch the debate last Friday night...but there is always that option). It is so comforting to know I may not always be there for my shows, but they are always there for me.

I like Sundays. My Sundays usually consist of things like the farmer's market, groceries, eating out for lunch, cooking dinner, maybe seeing a movie in the middle of the day, and going to bed at a decent hour. I think this one will be no exception, and I am about to get to it.

1 comment:

The Boston Lady said...

Lindsey, I have to agree totally with you about the DVR. I absolutely do not know how I existed without one before, however..... I am now a total slave to it. I'm obsessed with not letting my "list" get too long. I'm always double checking to make sure I properly entered a prgram to be recorded. Worst of all, it ticks me off that I cannot "DVR" two shows and watch a third while those two are simultaeously recording - this always happens on Thursday nights. We have solved this horrible problem by having two DVRs, one in the bedroom, one in the family room. Yes, I am a slave to that wonderful piece of technology.