Sunday, September 7, 2008

not so restless

As it seems, this new job thing has gotten in the way of my blogging. However, I think there is still hope for it considering the fact that this is a new post.

HAPPENINGS: I like my job. I have learned a lot so far, and I am not having trouble imagining myself staying here for at least the year they require of new assistants. It is not as similar to my old job as I thought it would be, but that is neither a good nor a bad thing. It is just different, and I am enjoying the things I am getting out of it so far.

Also:
1. I think I found a new apartment. I will be moving in a few weeks.
2. I am newly addicted to coffee, particularly McDonald's sugar-free vanilla iced
3. I am doing something super-fun this weekend

TIPS: I cooked a meal in a crock pot yesterday. It was quite possibly the best thing we have ever made, and I don't even feel like we "made" anything. We just threw things into a pot. It was chicken and sausage paella, and it was so delicious. If you want to try it, sear 2 lbs of chicken (drumsticks, thighs, breasts) in a frying pan in a couple tbsp of olive oil then throw the chicken, 8 oz of cooked turkey sausage (or whatever kind) in a slow cooker. Then pour in a 1/2 c of water and a can of low sodium chicken broth. Top it with 3 cloves of minced garlic, a whole chopped onion, 2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 and cumin. Set the cooker on "low" for about 8 hours. In the last 5 minutes throw a package (or 3/4 package) of frozen peas, a chopped yellow pepper and two chopped Roma tomatoes on top. I think that is it. Serve over saffron rice (or whatever kind you want). Sooooo yummy.

THOUGHTS: I would first like to make it clear that I am definitely not voting for McCain. I don't really feel the need to explain. It would just be a terrible idea. However, I don't know about this Obama thing. I don't like the hype surrounding the guy. Obviously, the more logical reason I will probably not be voting for him is I disagree with about %80 of his political stances. I do like some things about him, but nothing I would ever base a vote on. Mainly, my problem is people's unconditional approval of him is annoying and much of the time undeserving. I am not saying all or even most Obama supporters are this way, but I think anyone will admit that he has more blind followers than anyone I have ever seen. I don't like the idea someone who may very well be the next president of this country has a sort of "can do no wrong" image with so many people. I do have to say I prefer him to Hilary for no other reason than I don't think I can take one more speech about the poor dying single mother she met on the campaign trail, the soldier that asked her to take care of him when he ships out the next morning, and the little boy that tugged on her monochromatic suit and asked her for health care for his mommy with diabetes. Do these people really exist? If so, I call on these people to reveal themselves. Also, when she speaks, she always sounds like she is yelling at me. Maybe she never understood the purpose of a microphone. As for me and my house...Bob Barr 2008.

No comments: